Did you know that top-performing pay per click media offers a £3 return for every £1.50 investment? Around 80% of business professionals recommend that PPC is a huge advantage to their business. Last but not least, 97% of customers are using internet research to find out about local businesses.
In today’s digital world, pay per click is a popular digital advertising solution. It can boost your business, allow you to reach a global audience, and is a relatively simple, cost-effective solution. But you can only get all these benefits if you use PPC in the right way. Here’s how to boost your PPC performance and attain greater returns on your investment:
#1. Add Negative Keywords and Remove Low-Performing Keywords
These two actions go hand in hand. Look for all the low-performing keywords and remove them. Meanwhile, add the keyword that serves as a negative keyword.
Keywords that are not performing well can be a threat to the performance and effectiveness of every PPC campaign. That’s why it is essential for your business to re-look at the targeted keywords, identify the ones that are damaging your PPC campaign’s performance, and remove them.
In most cases, common signs of a poorly-performing keyword include one or all of the following:
- Lower conversions,
- Low impressions and
- Low clicks.
In most cases, some keywords may have one or more of these symptoms together. Remove all such keywords.
Along with removing low-performing keywords, you also need to add negative keywords. Such words tell advertising networks like Google Ads and Bing Advertising not to display your ad for that specific keyword. It happens only because these keywords are not relevant to your campaign’s goal. As a result, they may generate clicks or impressions but seldom lead to conversions.
With these two interrelated and straightforward updates, you can boost your PPC performance in no time.
#2. Optimize Keywords
One of the main reasons most PPC campaigns do not get the desired results is that they have many keywords. According to Neil Patel, sales from an average PPC campaign is generated only through 12% of its keywords. This means that the remaining 88% of the keywords fail to produce any results. And when you know that with keywords overload, your PPC campaign may fail to get the desired results, why overload?
Instead, aim at improving the quality of your keywords instead of using more keywords. Three critical factors that determine the quality of your keywords include:
- Client experience of the landing page,
- The relevance of your keyword to your ad, and
- Click-through rate (CTR)
To find out more about optimizing keywords, get the support of a digital agency like Faze Digital.
#3. Write Engaging Ad Content
Your ad copy is as important as your keywords. Even with the best PPC campaign, you may fail to get the desired results if your ad copy is not engaging. So as you put in efforts to boost your PPC performance, don’t forget to create engaging ad content.
There are several ways to create engaging ad content to give a boost to your PPC performance.
#4. Have a Devoted Landing Page
When it comes to ad platforms such as Bing Advertising or Google Ads, you need to have a quick, relevant, and efficient landing page. A quick recap for what a landing page is, it is where your customers land as soon as they click on your PPC ad.
Say, for example, that your ad campaign for water filtration services directs users to your company’s homepage. As a result, your customers are forced to find all the information about what you do along with water filtration services and your service rates, reviews, and features, all of which is irrelevant information for the customers.
So even if you have water filtration service as part of a larger group of services you offer, you may still have a dedicated landing page. This page will provide relevant information to your customers.
You can always look for a professional digital marketing agency that can help you through relevant landing pages to boost your PPC performance.
#5. Track Your Pay-Per-Click Campaign
Lastly, but most importantly, you need to track your PPC campaign.Not following your PPC campaign one of the most common reasons why PPC campaigns fail. Monitoring your PPC campaign is one of the best tools that you can use to boost PPC performance.
If you are using a platform such as Google Ads, Google Analytics can provide you great insights about your PPC performance. But you can also invest in an automation solution that can provide you closed-loop reporting. With this critical information, you can develop better and more appropriate marketing strategies to boost your PPC performance.
PPC campaigns are a great way to enhance your business performance. Unfortunately, they are only effective when done right. Get in touch today and form a cornerstone for your digital marketing strategy.